|Lead-In Hoses, also called Pigtails, Whip Ends or Whip Hoses, are used on the working end of self-storing air hose, as well as straight hoses, as a means of minimizing costs by:|
- Extending the life of the hose - Most hose wear and failure occurs near the point of use, where all of the bending and flexing occurs. A Lead-In Hose will take the brunt of the abuse, giving the hose a much longer service life.
- Protecting the coupler - High vibration and impact tools will damage the valve of a coupler, causing premature failure. A short Lead-In Hose ("snubber") between the coupler and air tool will absorb the shock and vibration, protecting the coupler from these damaging effects.
- Making the worker more productive - Most air supply hoses are heavy or bulky and difficult to work with. A lightweight, flexible Lead-In Hose makes it easier for the worker to manipulate the air tool, reducing fatigue while increasing productivity
| || || |
|Our Lead-In Hoses are made exclusively from 3/8" Ultra-Lite >>SUPERBRAID<<®, combining lightweight, flexibility, durability and a
working pressure (200 psi) that meets the requirements of almost every application. The contemporary looking state-of-the-art strain
relief sleeve on the tool end protects the hose at its weakest point (at the barb) while enhancing the appearance of the entire assembly.
Other manufacturers use a strain relief that limits the ability of the hose to bend, but ours was uniquely designed to take advantage of
Polyurethane's flexibility, giving the user a much wider range of motion without the possibility of kinking . . . making it ideal for a Lead-In
Hose! Available in a variety of hose lengths in four (4) configurations:
- 1/4" Male NPT x 1/4" Rigid Female NPT
- 3/8" Male NPT x 3/8" Rigid Female NPT
- 1/4" Male NPT x 1/4" Rigid Male NPT
- 1/4" Male NPT x 1/4" Body Size Industrial Interchange Plug